Follow Grubby on his Pro-Gaming Adventures: Coming home to Netherlands
blogger counters

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Coming home to Netherlands

I got home on May 7th, somewhat in the early afternoon. I was able to stay awake until 6 PM, and then I went to sleep. Woke up at 2 AM, decided that that's just too weird, and slept until 5 AM ^^ Since then I've been awake, had to do groceries (our fridge was really empty) had 2 breakfasts, lunch, and watched the replays of WC3L Mouz vs WE. Watched some catch-up replays as well.

Then something funny happened. I went to lie down on the floor in my PC room and I just fell asleep. Slept for like 6 hours ^^ from 5 to 11 PM. So strange... guess it's jet lag or something. Then I woke up, started playing a lot of games (luckily there were still people awake) until they all went to sleep now (2:40 AM).

So my thoughts about being at home: I really miss Seoul's opening times: 24/7 for most important things like food, internet café and metro etc. It's just so strange to come home and realize all stores close at 6 PM except supermarkets which close at 8 or 9 PM usually. Also had a lot of fun with XlorD and Eric strolling the streets of Seoul, playing games and talking trash.

I've also eaten really nice food in Seoul, luckily we were able to find a perfect restaurant when we were with Eric and XlorD so that I could really show them how good a BBQ meal can be with beef Galbi =)

Well in about 12 hours I'll be playing LiiLD.C. for NGL. Currently I'm ranked at #3, shared with ReiGn, with 7-3 score. Above me are Soccer (8-3) and Lyn (8-2) so if I win this one I could at least advance to shared 2nd place. Well there are plenty of matches to go for me (13) so there's margin for error and I shouldn't pressurize myself too much. Just going to have fun and go for the win.

About WE/Mouz: I'm surprised that WE lost even with map choices. Seems like a huge advantage to be able to choose your starting maps especially with the new WC3L system. In hindsight I guess you could say WE had a really bad season, perhaps adjustments to the new system. That means the 4 attending teams will be:

  • Evil Geniuses
  • nGize
  • Mousesports
  • Wicked
The play-offs grid can be found here: http://www.esl.eu/eu/wc3l/season15_playoffs/rankings/

That's all for now, good morning/good night :P